Sunday, January 9, 2011

Where did the Weekend Go?

I am always surprised when the weekend is over and I think, "What did I do?" Yesterday we started at 8:00 for my little guys first basketball game. From there we were on the run and didn't get home until 4:30. Where did the day go? Christmas Tree Shop, Jordan's Furniture, and Trader Joe's (YUM YUM YUM Happiness).

Friday's prompt was Quiet Winter. I was sitting on the couch first thing in the morning making my "To Do" list. My little guy added one to my list: 1. Kiss your son. How cute is that?
So my quiet winter is the view from my window while sitting with him. I have always loved our long driveway, but even more I love the acres of woods.
I remember when I was a little girl and we would vacation in New Hampshire. I loved the smell of the woods. I loved looking out the back deck of where we stayed and seeing all the trees. Well, now I have that view everyday, but I don't always take time to appreciate it or remember how much I actually do still love it. I am always too consumed with our house not being big enough to accommodate 5 people; our grass not always being perfectly green; or that our backyard needs help! But I am trying; trying to appreciate the things that are sitting quietly right in front of me.


No comments:

Post a Comment