Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A Little Bit of Sunshine

Today was like all the other days. I thought about what my picture was going to be of. I saw a school bus and thought of the sun, because of the shiny yellow. I thought of taking a photo of all my daughters green clothes, which wouldn't seem that impressive - but trust me there are a lot of them! But the day passed and I didn't get a chance to snap my daily picture.

I returned home, hung up my coat, and saw the bouquet of sunflowers. The bouquet had been placed on top of a hutch to get them out of the way. I intended to put them away until next summer, but had not gotten to it. Still, today instead of being an eye sore they were the subject of my daily photo. Instead of seeing something unsighltly, today I saw beauty and the rememberance that summer will be here before we know it!

I am always trying to see things differently and although seemingly insignificant, seeing the beauty in the stashed sunflowers was a step in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment