Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Appreciating a Dishwasher?

Have you ever heard about the studies that have been done in underprivileged countries? Most of these people have an incredible outlook, even with their terrible situations. Aside from hope, these people have a great appreciation for what they have. They are simply grateful.

Today's prompt for Picture Winter was "Intended for Everyday Use." Although I originally thought of taking a picture of my phone and/or laptop, I ended up taking some shots of my dishwasher. It symbolizes so much more than the beauty of not actually having to wash the dishes. It symbolizes having food on our table. It symbolizes saving time that can be spent doing other things. It symbolizes everyday life. And although I have never thought about it until today, I am grateful that I have a dishwasher.

No comments:

Post a Comment