Sunday, March 13, 2011

Where Does Time Go?

089

My Girl Child turned 9 over the weekend.  Nine!  Nine years have past since her birth and I can remember it like it was yesterday.  I remember how tiny she was in comparison to her older brother.  I remember all the pink.  I remember seeing her beautiful face for the first time.

Now I see an independent girl who wants to pick out her clothes, do her own hair, and make her own decisions.  I see a girl who still loves her dolls and wonder how long that will last.  I see a girl who knows what she wants and knows what she likes.  No question.  I see a girl who is struggling with being a little girl child.  She wants to grow up and I want to stop it.  She wants to go to the American Girl store and then wander into the mall for the “grown up” things – makeup (only lip gloss is allowed), clothes, and other accessories.  Then a stop at Brookstones for a massage in the chairs.

I want it to stop.  I want to freeze time.  I want to go back in time.  I want her to always be my little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment