Friday, December 3, 2010

When You're Looking for Joy

When you are looking for joy, a funny thing happens. You find it! Because I am conscience of finding the things that make me happy, I am noticing them. This morning I told my 11 year old about my challenge. It was 6:20 AM and we were sitting on the couch before he had to leave for school. Yes, he has to be at the bus at 6:35 AM. So, I asked him if anything had happened so far that made him happy. He said, "Yes. You stayed with me." I asked what he meant and he said that it made him happy that I stayed in the bathroom and talked to him while he showered and then stayed with him while he got ready. Simple joy.


Well talking to him was my #4 joy. I love when our conversations are easy and when we are just talking about nothing imparticular. We spent a lot of time together today, because he had a doctor's appointment, so we got to chat all day! On the way home from his appointment my #5 joy occurred. He likes to sing a certain song to me. I don't even know the name of it, but one of the lines is "Girl your amazing, just the way you are." Funny, it seems like a 1st love kind of song, but my 11 year old son sings it to me.


The day continued on and I felt happy, joyful; my spirit was lifted. I even got a small cat nap (definitely #6 joy! I love cat naps). When my other children and husband got home, we made our plan for the evening, which included going to get our Christmas tree. This is one of my favorite things to do and although our tradition was different this year, because we weren't going to our local farm to cut it down. Farmer Craig didn't have any trees this year (sad).


#7 When we went looking for our Christmas tree there was a tree with berries on the branches. went over to the person at the stand and said, "I want this one!" Unfortunately, it was only a display, but he said the woman would take orders. Orders for a Christmas tree? The branches with holly berry had been hot glued to the individual branches!! I decided that if I really wanted a tree with berries, I could hot glue them on myself. Still, the tree made me smile - pure joy.


#8 Bryce could not wait to put the putting the train around the tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment